At Taroni, we have a commitment to create a sustainable future and to contribute to a better word.
Certified by ICEA
Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS)
Since 2015, Taroni is GOTS certified, and can therefore produce GOTS certified fabrics.
GOTS (Global Organic Textile Standard) is recognised as the most important standard for sustainable production of garments and textile products made of natural fibres from organic farming such as organic cotton or organic wool.
According to GOTS it is possible to certify:
- textile products (containing at least 70% natural fibres from organic farming)
- manufacturing activities (dying, printing, …)
- chemical products for textile industry.
The GOTS certification is issued by ICEA (Istituto per la Certificazione Etica ed Ambientale – Institute for Ethical and Environmental Certification), a non-profit consortium that inspects and certifies several thousand companies that carry out their activities in respect of individuals and the environment, protecting the dignity of workers and consumer rights.
For more information: www.icea.bio/global-organic-textile-standard-gots/?lang=en
Certified by ICEA
Organic Content Standard (OCS) and
Organic Content Standard Blended (OCSB)
In 2019 Taroni obtained also the OCS certification.
OCS is promoted internationally by Textile Excange and for its release is needed an environmental declararion verified by a third part. The verification:
- Validates the content of natural fibers from organic farming in textile products (both intermediate and finished);
- Guarantees traceability along the entire production chain of raw materials, intermediate products and finished products.
OCS certification is issued by ICEA (Institute for Ethical and Environmental Certification), a non-profit consortium that controls and certifies several thousand companies that carry out their activities in respect of man and the environment, protecting the dignity of workers and consumer rights.
Certified by ICEA
Global Recycle Standard (GRS)
Since 2021 Taroni spa has been GRS certified. GRS is recognized as the most important standard for the sustainable production of textile products with recycled materials.
The standard recognizes the importance of recycling for the growth of a sustainable production and consumption model, with the aim of promoting the reduction of resource consumption (virgin raw materials, water and energy) and increasing the quality of recycled products.
The Global Recycle Standard guarantees:
- Products containing at least 20% pre-consumer and post-consumer recycled material;
- Manufacturing activities and processes through which the recycled material is used to make intermediate products (for example: yarns and fabrics) or finished products intended for the consumer, which use models and management procedures that comply with the established requirements.
Forest Stewardship Council (FSC)
Since 2020 Taroni is also FSC certified.
The FSC® brand identifies products containing wood from forests correctly and responsibly managed, according
to rigorous environmental, social and economic standards. The origin forest has been independently controlled
and assessed in accordance with these standards (principles and criteria of good forest management), established
and approved by the Forest Stewardship Council®.
Market needs and our own vision of sustainability have pushed us to seek solutions for an even more sustainable production.
Following this path we want to give our contribution to the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals 2030 (SDGs) adopted by the United Nations.
We guarantee a better quality of waste water derived by our production processes and we are working on collaborations to make this one of our strengths.
With these objectives in mind, we have built a structured path for the adoption of the Chemical Management Protocol 4sustainability which implements the MRSL ZDHC (www.roadmaptozero.com) with a structured method and periodically measures the level of application in a transparent manner.
Since 2018 Taroni S.p.A. is a Seri.co certified company. This is a trademark of the Centro Tessile Serico, issued through TUV.
Seri.co is a certification system that ensures quality, health and safety requirements for the textile product and for its production system.
In order to protect Italian silk textile production and its internationally recognized quality and creativity tradition, this certification is granted exclusively to companies with registered office and production headquarters in Italy.
- Product quality: Seri.co guarantees that the quality characteristics of the product comply with strict specifications that ensure correct behavior under stresses and maintenance treatments.
- Product health and safety: Seri.co guarantees that the fabric/product does not contain and does not release substances hamful to the customer's health. Therefore it certifies that the product meets market requirements that give full confidence to the consumer.
- Company quality: the current market requires products to be manufactured in compliance with precise ethical, social and environmental codes; Seri.co integrates some of the most important principles of quality management systems (ISO 9001), environment (ISO 14001), safety (OHSAS 18001) and social responsibility (standard SA 8000) to guarantee a quality product with controlled properties.
For more information: www.textilecomo.com.